Environmental Test Manager
Our reputable client based in Greenford are currently recruiting for a Environmental Test Manager to join their friendly team on a permanent basis. This person will lead the Environmental Test Team, ensuring projects are completed on time. Must have proven experience of previous environmental working practice.
- Preparation and execution of test regimes, strategies and schedules for required testing; monitor progress against these and liaise with Engineering Project Leads and Project Managers.
- Ensure that all work within their function is of sufficient quality and is carried out according to the correct processes and procedures such as MIL-STD, DEF STAN, RTCA.
- Provide line management to all employees within their function (i.e. conducts appraisals, career development discussions, provides input to salary review).
- Liaise with design engineering teams to agree and define test strategies and procedures.
- Provide support in the design of test set-ups, jigs and fixtures.
- Write technical acceptable test reports
- Maintenance and control of the environmental test laboratory.
- Ensure that equipment maintenance contracts are in place and renewed as and when required.
- Define and improve processes, practices, methodologies and tools for their function
- Proven experience of previous environmental working practice and environmental testing methods and equipment
- In-depth understanding of the relevant DEF-STAN and MIL-STD standards and specifications.
- Able to interact effectively with internal customers and external suppliers
- Ability to design and optimise test fixtures and test set-ups.