Senior Software Engineer
The key purpose of this full-time role is to evaluate and mitigate legal & compliance risk and present solutions to address risk where it arises. The role has a wide remit- covering contract drafting, contract management, data protection compliance and all relevant legislation that impacts the business.The Person:
An experienced and highly organised individual. You will need to be a quick learner who is action orientated works with pace and energy and takes a proactive solution based approach to work.
Essential Skills & Experience
· 2+ years PQE in a commercial legal role, either in-house or in private practice.
· Provision of general in-house legal advice to the business on contracts, insurance, property etc issues ensuring legal compliance and evaluating and mitigating risk in a commercial environment
· Handling regulatory compliance under data privacy and protection legislation and dealing with regulator Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), or experience of similar regulatory compliance e.g. with Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Experience of drafting, negotiating and management of a range of commercial contracts.
- Experience of dealing with consumers, particularly complaint handling and managing complex consumer enquiries.
- An aptitude for working in a fast paced and growing business.
- Able to respond quickly to a rapidly changing environment, managing change effectively.
- Highly organised and proficient in managing a multitude of tasks, quick minded and adaptable.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills and good time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook, as well as document storage or information management software such as imanage.
Beneficial Skills & Experience
· Experience or knowledge of data privacy and protection legislation, i.e. Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC) Regulations (PECR), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
· Experience of reviewing and drafting privacy policies, consents and fair processing notices in compliance with ICO Direct Marketing Guidance.
· Experience or knowledge of IT and/or IP law desirable but not essential.
· Experience or knowledge of a Digital Marketing Agency and associated products & services.
· Experience or knowledge of a technology driven environment.
· Litigation experience is desirable but not essential.