Senior Electrical Design Engineer
A permanent senior electrical design engineer is required for a defence specialist to work from their headquarters in Birmingham. It is vital that candidates have an extensive knowledge of electrical design engineering in a safety critical environment.
Due to ongoing successful programmes of C & I defence projects; a permanent position exists for a senior electrical design engineer in Birmingham.
As a Senior electrical design engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with the client to specify and produce creative design solutions.
Produce detailed design drawings.
- Select component parts to fulfil specification requirements of the design.
- Project management aspects including controls, planning and estimating, and the preparation of deliverables / work package.
- Technical Specification reviews in order to prepare design proposals to industry standards using mainly SolidWorks (some AutoCAD) Electrical and Microsoft Office
The Senior Electrical design engineer should have the following skills/experience:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in the use of Solidworks, Autocad or ElecWorks to create electrical designs.
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative approach to investigating and introducing new C&I concepts.
- Extensive senior design engineering experience in a defence, naval, aerospace or similar background.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced electrical designer to develop a career with a growing and successful business. In return for your experience, this Birmingham based company will offer you:
- Annual salary up to £55,000
- 25 days holiday
- Early finish on a Friday
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge defence technology projects
Interviews for the Senior electrical design engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Senior electrical design engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on