UX & UI Developer
Cambridge Cognition is a neuroscience digital health company developing products and services to better understand, detect and treat conditions affecting brain health.
Our cognitive research technologies for mobile, wearable, and online platforms accelerate the development of new treatments, improve efficiencies throughout research, and measure cognitive health and wellbeing in patients worldwide.
Our science is the recognised gold standard for assessing cognition, validated by over 30 years of data and 100,000 citations in peer-reviewed research - more than any other neuroscience company.
Our technology measures digital cognitive biomarkers, tracking improvement and decline of health in high need neurological and psychiatric conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, depression, schizophrenia and ADHD.
Our products are used to validate the value of drug treatments, detect early signs of cognitive impairment for appropriate intervention and are a major component in understanding brain health.
UX & UI Developer
Summary of Position
Research, prototype, communicate and implement designs to ensure Cambridge Cognition products are consistently visually appealing, efficient to use and encourage repetitive use.
Identify, investigate and resolve specific issues users experience when interacting with Cambridge Cognition products.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Research user interaction paths, reactions and outcomes
- Conduct research with potential and current markets to identify design criteria.
- Conduct usability testing with representative users, observing user behaviour and ensuring improvements feed back into the product development process.
- Representing the end users of our products in the Product Management and Development processes, including communicating scenarios, experiences, user requirements, interaction modes and screen designs to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, mock-ups and specifications as needed.
- Explore different approaches to solving specific user problems.
- Responsibility for how the product feels, ensuring it logically and efficiently flows from one step to the next.
- Responsibility for maintaining consistency in visual elements between and within products.
- Supporting sprint teams in creating functional implementations of planned user interfaces.
- Developing and maintaining game-like computerised cognitive tests.
- Assisting with writing and reviewing specifications, as required.
- Managing the interactions and deliverables of projects involving third-party branding/design/UI/UX agencies, as required.
- Passion for software development in the mobile tablet sector for healthcare based commercial applications.
- Track record of achieving excellent user experiences.
- Experience of using appropriate graphic design and UI mocking tools to create wireframes and static pages showcasing a proposed user interface.
- Knowledge or interest in learning modern web development frameworks and mobile technologies.
- Full software development lifecycle experience in successful projects, utilising good software development and quality management practices.
- Strong academic record, including a degree in a numerate discipline (or equivalent relevant professional experience).
- Good basic mathematical ability, and excellent written English (spelling, grammar, clarity of written style etc.) and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including excellent time management skills and the ability to autonomously manage and take responsibility for a complex workload.
- Used to delivering to timescales in an Agile Scrum software development environment.
- Experience of React.js, Flux, and SASS.
- Automated testing experience, especially using Jasmine and Selenium
- Basic Linux or Unix command line experience