History Teacher - SE London
Job Title: Teacher of History
Salary: MPS 1 - UPS 3
£26,662 - £42,498
South East London
Job Start: September 2018 (or April 2018 if available)
We are seeking to recruit a History teacher on behalf of a high-performing school in SE London which serves a diverse and disadvantaged community. Recognised as outstanding by Ofsted, this academy school achieves record-breaking progress for children from all backgrounds.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed Teacher of History. You will be able to inspire, enthuse, engage, motivate and challenge students to raise achievement at all levels due to our culture of high performance and expectations of both staff and students. The role would be suitable for either an NQT or a more-experienced teacher seeking a new challenge. You will need to demonstrate experience of teaching History at KS3 and KS4, with KS5 teaching experience desirable.
We are looking for key individuals to contribute to a continuously progressive Secondary phase, which is Ofsted rated Outstanding. Led by a dedicated Principal and senior leadership team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to develop within an exciting and creative curriculum and be part of a highly motivated team, which prides itself on its collaborative working practices, transforming learning and positive outcomes for all students.
- To ensure high quality curriculum provision and effective teaching, which promotes learning
- To support our young people to thrive in learning and life
- To carry out professional duties to ensure a high- quality offer to young people
- To inspire our young people to be the best they can be
- Lesson planning and effective delivery to meet the needs of all learners.
- Assessment and recording of achievement
- Monitoring of student progress and reporting to parents and other colleagues as appropriate.
- Managing the classroom and resources effectively in order to create a safe, stimulating and positive learning environment for all students
- To maintain positive discipline and promote the well-being and progress of students, providing guidance and advice
- Monitoring patterns of attendance and punctuality
- To engage fully with professional development activities
- Developing positive relationships with colleagues, parents and students, maintaining effective lines of communication
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare and therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact John Byrne at Empowering Learning Ltd. on