A prestigious Powertrain Engineering Consultancy have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Buyer to join their team based in Milton Keynes. You will be employed on a full time, permanent basis and be paid a highly competitive salary.
They are developing next generation technologies as part of the move towards a more sustainable way of powering vehicles.
Working with prestigious manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, they create innovative, complex powertrain engineering solutions used for a wide range of applications in passenger and off highway vehicles and motorsport.
They are looking for a Technical Buyer to purchase the components which are used to create their outstanding technologies.
As their Technical Buyer you will be involved in sourcing a wide range of mechanical and electronic components, sub contract parts and assemblies and printed circuit boards, both in batches and one-off components.
You will create a strategy to purchase hard to find parts and components and those with long lead times in order to ensure they are available for production. Purchasing for specific projects and responding to Engineering Change requirements, ordering the required components in line with Engineering Releases and required timescales.
You will need to identify suitable suppliers and monitor their performance and competitiveness, negotiate the price of technical products ensuring the best acquisition cost.
Required Skills / Experience needed to become our Technical Buyer:
- Experience of purchasing in a motorsport or prototyping manufacturing environment
- Experience in purchasing mechanical and electronic components and assemblies
- Have a strong understanding of technical drawings and bills of materials and possess a knowledge of precision manufacturing processes
- Confident in negotiating price / lead time balance in order to maximise value
- Previous experience of SAGE or similar operating systems.
- Ideally a CIPS Membership or significant study towards it.
- Ongoing personal development
- Outstanding training opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Technical Buyer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!