Tate are working on behalf of our client based in South West London looking for a Junior buyer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company within their Buying Department.
The role includes overseeing and implementing buying, ensuring that the best quality products are purchased, at the best price, whilst ensuring that margin targets are always met.
Previous experience in a buying or purchasing is necessary and proven negotiation skills are a must.
- Taking ownership of cost for core products
- Final checks of cost matrixes
- Cost matrix support for existing lines in the business
- Checking pro forma invoices
- Working with suppliers to negotiate the best prices
- Working with suppliers on group buy prices and creating initiatives to achieve extra margin for the business
- Working alongside the product development team to dovetail in at the early stages of the development process Ensuring the most appropriate and relevant sourcing routes are selected
- Leading complex price negotiations
- Challenging sourcing routes and looking for cross quoting opportunities to increase margin, and product quality
- Become knowledgeable of the current supplier base
- Working alongside international Buying Assistants to ensure timely raising and accuracy of purchase orders
- Working alongside international Buying Assistants on new sourcing requests
- Demonstrating efficient use of the CRM supplier database
- Encouraging the wider product development team to use the supplier database for new sourcing requests
- Attending trade shows when required
- Working closely with key stakeholders in the Supply Chain team to ensure that the buying process is aligned with the requirements
This is a really great opportunity to get into a good company who are so supportive of personal development. If you feel this is the right role for you, please apply with an up to date Microsoft Word CV.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.