Business Services Assistant Manager - Top 20 Firm
Chance to work at a top 20 firm with an excellent market reputation as an Assistant Manager in their Business Outsourcing department.
Our client is a Top 10 accountancy firm based near Chertsey. They are a well-established practice; covering outsourcing, accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, forensic and litigation, tax and VAT services.
Our client also provides a great opportunity for client exposure with a client base that covers the length and breadth of the country, as well as having an International branch covering clients both in the UK and internationally
This firm looks after its staff. They put a lot of effort into ensuring they feel rewarded and providing opportunity for career progression. You will have the opportunity to work closely with your colleagues in their regional offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located
Please submit your CV and if you are successful the name of the firm will be revealed
- Management accounting work.
- Assist with preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly /annual) or, depending on the individual job.
- Draft VAT returns and have an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules with a basic understanding of the principles of partial exemption and how this operates
- Processing of accounting transactions onto Sage 50 or other accounting software
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- You will be responsible for working on a variety of clients' accounting and VAT affairs
- Involvement in preparing year end accounts, mainly for larger clients,
- Working within a team, alongside a junior processing clerk who you will need to delegate certain tasks to.
- Act as a point of contact for the clients on their day to day affairs, with supervision where necessary, and ensure that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Respond to and deal with client queries in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure that the manager is kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities
- Assist with the training of the more junior members of the team
- Have an awareness and basic understanding of the disclosure requirements of Companies Act and how this affects how accounts are prepared and presented
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries
- Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses - authorisation, processing, and setting up for payment without supervision
- Preparation of bank and petty cash and all other balance sheet reconciliations
- Be able to prepare basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision
- For certain members of staff, have an understanding of the FSA returns and be able to process information for the returns, asking for assistance where necessary
- Part qualified ACA/ACCA or fully qualified AAT
- Team player
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- strong numeracy and accuracy skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills with proven ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Competent using MS Office, particularly Excel - intermediate level is required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible working attitude
- Ability to learn quickly
- Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Able to use own initiative
- Excellent eye for detail
- Knowledge of Sage 50 is essential.
- Confident with both Xero and QuickBooks Online
Salary between £38,000 - £50,000 depending on experience and excellent progression opportunities.