Orka is currently working on an exciting opportunity for a client based in Maidenhead who is recruiting for an Accounts Assistant on a 3-month contract basis. The role will be offering the successful candidate to work on a variety of duties and the opportunity to gain great experience working in a fast-paced environment as well as the chance to gain experience with multi-currency.
NECESSITIES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE:
- Multicurrency experience.
- Intermediate EXCEL Skills (basic formulas, Pivot Tables & V Lookups).
- Monday-Thursday, 08:30 - 17:00.
- Friday, 08:30 - 16:30.
- Collate, check, and process accurately financial transactions from various locations onto the accounting system (invoices, expenses claims, bank payments).
- Prepare various monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank accounts.
- Review the transactions recorded within accounting systems, bringing records up to date for the period under consideration.
- Examine the records obtained from the contractor in Eritrea, reconcile any differences.
- Write a detailed letter to the contractor in Eritrea, setting out the amount owed, together with an explanation of the differences which arose during the reconciliation, and the final payment that will be made.
- Record the procedures undertaken by AAPA Finance staff based outside of the UK.
- Checking claims submitted by staff and contractors.
- Using systems to enter various types of transactions.
- Set out how each country prepares, calculates and arranges payment of monthly wages, taxation, and social insurance contributions. (And associated administration such as online filing, reporting, distributing payslips).
- Creating purchase orders using the PMS system.