Safety Systems Specialist
Safety Systems Specialist
Bedfordshire full time permanent
What's the opportunity?
This role presents a great opportunity for the successful candidate to join Manufacturing UK as the Safety Systems Specialist for the UK at a time when we are looking specifically at our forward strategy for live missile build within the UK.
Manufacturing UK operates across sites at Stevenage, Henlow, Bolton and Bedford. As a business, we have invested heavily in a brand new purpose-built facility at Bolton. We are also making significant investment in our Manufacturing facilities at our Stevenage, Henlow and Bedford sites.
Located at our Live Build site in Henlow, Bedfordshire and operating within the Manufacturing UK organisation, the purpose of the role is to:-
* Provide specialist technical advice on all aspects of explosives safety, explosives ordinance disposal also hazardous materials safety and ionizing and non-ionizing radiation safety.
* Maintain the appropriate licencing for the relevant operations on site though direct negotiation with the HSE Explosive Licencing Authority.
* Be the Company point of contact for COMAH, ensuring full compliance and interaction with the relevant competent authority through regular audit. Maintenance of the Major Accident Prevention Policy.
* Be the Delegated authority for day to day management of the Henlow site interfacing with all Stakeholders and Service Providers to ensure optimum availability of facilities at all times.
* Through delivery of relevant policies and appropriate training, ensure understanding and compliance with latest legislation and statutory regulations to safeguard people and product during all phases of manufacturing.
What are the benefits for you?
This role has a high profile within our regulation authority, HSE explosive licencing, with regular interaction through site inspection visits and licencing debates. As a company we are prepared to invest into the training and development of the right individual.
What's great about joining this team?
Manufacturing UK prides itself in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the whole lifecycle and supply chain of our product. The Manufacturing teams in Henlow, Stevenage and Lostock are motivated and committed to a service delivery of high quality product. Responsibility and accountability go with this role with a strong supportive organisation to call upon.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
* Ideally qualified to Degree level in a relevant science/engineering subject
* Strong leadership coupled with high level of communication and interpersonal skills
* Sound knowledge and experience of EN9100/AS9100
* Health & Safety training and management experience with an understanding of the requirements of OHSAS18001 and ISO14001.
* Good planning and organising skills to ensure multiple tasks, are prioritised and monitored to deliver set objectives.
* Recognise and understand customer requirements and respond to them.
* Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organisation.
* Highly self-motivated and demonstrate a determination and persistence to deliver results despite obstacles and setbacks.
* Experience in a role within explosive ordinance management with a working knowledge of Explosive Regulations 2014 would be an advantage. Knowledge of the manufacture of Complex Weapons would also be an advantage.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
Contact Simon Portway