The job role of the Allocator / Distributor is to provide support to the whole of the fashion / retail merchandising team. An Allocator / Distributor job in fashion is often the first step that a candidate will take on their way to becoming either a Fashion Merchandiser or Branch Merchandiser.
Ladies' fashion retailer with over 300 stores nation-wide. Looking for an organised, analytic person to join their team in Wakefield as an Allocator.
- Planning - Creating detailed plans using Excel to accurately map intake and plan stock allocations.
- Allocations/Replenishment - Allocating new products to stores, making confident decisions to optimise the distribution of available stock to enhance sales
- Participating in weekly meetings with the merchandising team to discuss plans, stock issues and upcoming lines.
- Product Analysis - Taking ownership of specific departments, managing all aspects of allocation and replenishment. Analysing stock using Excel to create and run reports, liaising with merchandisers and taking appropriate action to ensure optimum sales.
- Store Visits - Visiting stores to gain an insight into our customer, store environments and the impact that allocation has on sales. Identifying any improvements that could be made, reporting back to senior members of the team and carrying out appropriate action.
- Branch Merchandising - Support the Branch Merchandising team as required and work with them to develop store stock packages.
- Excellent numeracy and analytic skills
- Fast, proactive decision maker
- Knowledge of Excel
- Confident communicator
- Customer focused
- Team Player
Salary of up to £18,000
Great opportunities for career progression