Our client is a global leader within its sector, through its various businesses it designs, produces and sells agricultural and construction equipment, trucks, commercial vehicles, buses and specialty vehicles, as well as benefitting from a broad portfolio of powertrain applications. Our client has a strong presence within all major markets worldwide and is focused on expanding further into high-growth markets.
In order to assist their growth, they are looking for a Current Product Management Engineer to join their team.
Provide support for concern resolution, coordinate with manufacturing for the current vehicle and reliability Improvements activities.
Investigate related CPM profiles, PIRs & manufacturing CARs on the current model. Liaise with the relevant Competence Centres to obtain acceptable production resolutions and to release the engineering changes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyse and determine production concerns, implement and follow up corrective actions, utilising best method and 8D problem solving techniques
Propose design solutions and liaise with Manufacturing, Quality and Competence Centres. This will include arranging and delivering design reviews
Take responsibility for project timing
Organize and manage testing requirements to prove design assumptions with the prototype workshop
Support Launch team by attending design reviews and the different build phases
Modify or create design content of 2D drawings & 3D models within TcAE environment
Raise and release ECR & ECO
Provide Engineering support to manufacturing to cover daily concerns plus WCM activities.
Design changes to reduce cost and improve the manufacturing process
Arrange supplier reviews where required to improve the supplier quality and manufacturing process.
Liaise design and manufacturing issues and changes with other CNH locations were necessary
Participate in reviews of new product programmes, supporting as an active member of the launch team and assisting with changes to existing products
Travel as required to other CNH locations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Engineering graduate or HNC/HND in mechanical/electrical engineering
- Min. 5 years Manufacturing, Engineering or Quality engineering experience
- Good standard of computer literacy
- Technical and application knowledge of problem solving methodologies
- Tractor products and subsystem knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills are required as the successful candidate must be able to work as part of and lead a team
KEY COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS:
- CAD literate with good working knowledge of Creo3, Microsoft Excel, word and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of technical drawing
- Good communication skills at all levels from shop floor to senior management.
- Good interpersonal and skills - able to participate in working team and demonstrate good team player skills.
- Good leadership skills with ability to direct a team to achieve results.
- Deliver as a way of life what is promised.
- Commercial astuteness and awareness.
- Able to make good clear presentations to all levels of employees