Medical Repatriation Travel Consultant (nights)
Do you have a huge interest in the travel sector and experience of helping people in times of trouble?
We are seeking individuals who possess exceptional customer service and communication skills to work in a demanding and busy environment on a shift pattern. Medical repatriation experience is a must. We are looking for someone with experience using Amadeus GDS or equivalent experience using similar GDS, as well as being highly motivated and a strong team player. As part of this dynamic team, office or home-based you will be expected to use your initiative to arrange emergency medical travel arrangements for injured persons overseas. This is a fast-paced role that requires attention to detail, fares and ticketing knowledge and strong time management skills. The offices available to work in are in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow. This is a fantastic opportunity within a leading Global TMC.
About the company
FCM Travel Solutions is a global business travel management provider spanning more than 75 countries worldwide. We have not only been named the Leading Travel Management Company for Europe for 9 years running, but we have also featured in the Sunday Times '100 Best Companies to Work For' for 12 years and 'Great Place to Work®' UK Best Workplace for 7 years.
You are an experienced Corporate Travel Consultant, with GDS experience. Although Amadeus is preferable, cross GDS training can be given. You'll need to have fares and ticketing knowledge, medical repatriation experience with a strong customer focus and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Additionally, we are looking for:
- Professional telephone manner
- Highly self and team motivated
- Ability to thrive with multiple challenges
- A team player
- Previous experience of working in a busy environment
- Ability to use intuition
- Strong written and spoken English
Extensive training will be offered to the right candidate.
This is a flexible role where your working environment can be office or home-based (on a case by case basis).
You'll work night shifts 9.30pm - 6.30am on a rota 4 nights on 4 nights off, with a fixed salary of £25k. Additionally, as part of the global Flight Centre Group, we also offer our team an array of award-winning benefits, including:
- Uncapped earning potential and business ownership scheme
- Discounted travel and fantastic incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Industry renowned social events and excellent company culture
- Exceptional career progression with worldwide opportunities
- Comprehensive induction, sales, product and leadership training
- Fast-track leadership programme to develop our future leaders
- Free and confidential financial advice from our in-house financial advisors
- Free health consultations, discounted fitness sessions and gym memberships
- Bronze-level health cash plan and employer-matched pension
- Opportunity to take a three-month sabbatical after five years
- Discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, tax-free bikes and more…
FCM Travel Solutions aims to employ people who are not only experienced but also remarkably savvy when it comes to business, we find that's the best way to keep our clients travel plans running smoothly.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.