Senior PHP Developer
Our client is one of most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK. They currently provide software solutions to over 10,000 UK businesses, and are on target for significant growth over the next few years. On-going commitment to excellence, customers and employees has also placed the company among the UK's top employers in The Sunday Times' 100 'Best Companies to Work For' for the past three years. They are now seeking an experienced, 'hands-on' PHP Developer to join their tech team to develop, support and upgrade software solutions to meet the requirements of a wide range of clients.
- Develop coded software solutions to agreed and elaborated requirements
- Implementing SugarCRM 3rd party upgrades as part of a continuous rolling upgrade plan.
- Create technical documentation when required
- Unit test before making ready for QA
- Ensuring any new code is peer reviewed by other developers
- Accurately record, comment & detail time expended on issue resolution within JIRA
- Attending and contributing to project meetings, taking and delivering on actions
- Working with Project Managers, Consultants, Infrastructure and Support teams to deliver working solutions to customers
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of developing and supporting n-tier LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) applications
- Specific experience of handwritten PHP, shell scripting (preferably BASH) and SQL
- Practical appreciation of the business processes supported by CRM applications
- Experience of implementing upgrades, transitioning technologies, technical architectures, component/framework reuse and APIs/integrations
- Experience of developing in AGILE or Lean environments
- Experience of source code management using version control systems such as Git.
This would be a great opportunity to advance your career with a fast-growing, forward-thinking business. Please submit your CV today for immediate consideration.