Working hours:Full Time, Monday to Friday 08:55 -17:30
Reporting to: IT Director
To design, develop and implement applications which provide solutions to business problems.
- Maintain professionalism
- Display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments.
- Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Programming knowledge.
- C# and VB.Net.
- SQL Server.
- Knowledge of .net, visual studio and Nunit.
- Experience of SVN, TeamCity and Analysis Services.
- Understanding of OOP principles.
- Knowledge of design patters; TDD, SOLID.
- General date warehousing work
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with team of developers to extend and maintain in-house system.
- Consult with clients about business requirements.
- Build applications to client specifications.
- Customise current applications in line with changing business needs.
- Evaluate performance of applications.
- Test and implement system updates.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality and organisation.
- Demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Maintain a good level of personal presentation.
- Comply with the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Actively follow company policies (including Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities)
- Attend team and staff meetings as and when required.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your manager/team leader.
Should we not get back to you within 14 working days, you have been unsuccessful in your application.