London : Permanent : £60,000 - £65,000
A great opportunity for an Infrastructure Manager, required to join an exciting, well established media organisation based in centralLondon.
To manage the IT Infrastructure Team in the delivery of IT services to the UK, Ireland, Spain and Netherlands businesses, whilst identifying and implementing continuous improvements to the service and infrastructure, in line with business expectations.
You will also lead the resolution of complex IT infrastructure issues and ensure the service and systems are compliant with the IT Security Policy, Standards and Controls. This includes managing the infrastructure expenditure and the third-parties involved in the delivery of the service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Infrastructure team:
- Accountable for their progress on projects and routine activities.
- Co-ordinate the out of hours support and holiday cover.
- Conduct staff appraisals and 1-2-1s.
- Develop the team's skills and knowledge to remove single points of knowledge.
- Work with third party infrastructure service providers to ensure the appropriate services are delivered effectively.
- Ensure the Patch management process is enforced.
- Manage escalated calls from 1st line IT support.
- Pro-actively monitoring and troubleshooting server and network performance and ensuring any necessary action is taken.
- Manage disaster recovery and replication procedures.
- Perform ad-hoc and annual disaster recovery tests.
- Liaise with external suppliers in line with established SLAs.
- Researching, recommending, planning and implementing infrastructure system projects.
- Maintain IT asset registers.
- Participation from home in the On-Call rota as provided for Out of Hours Support.
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date.
- Administer and manage our network, server and database assets.
- Team leadership experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the troubleshooting of infrastructure issues covering both in-house and cloud environments.
- Excellent knowledge of network structures, components, and security processes.
- Excellent knowledge of planning, installing, configuring and maintaining windows environments.
- Excellent knowledge of managing and maintaining databases such as SQL Server and ideally no-sql technologies such as MongoDB.
- Experience with creating and maintaining Infrastructure documentation.
- Proven strong technical experience working in a very dynamic/high-pressure environment.
- Experience of AWS and Azure cloud platforms.
- Experience with Linux administration.
- Experience with scripting and automation.
- Knowledge and understanding of penetration testing techniques.
- Experience working in a digital, TV News, media retail environment.
QUALIFICATIONS: (one or more)
- Fluent English is required and Spanish, French, Dutch would be useful.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Office 365 Certifications
- Other professional technical qualification e.g. Cisco CCNA
For more information please contact Jack Antoniades on
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.