Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is part of the Outstanding Harris Federation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2017, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.76, which places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
We are looking to recruit an Art Technician to assist the Strand Leader for Art in preparing practical learning areas, to assist in the Art Department’s administration and Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure all equipment prepared for lessons in accordance with Teacher specifications
- Effective care and maintenance of all Art equipment
- Organisation, preparation, repair, cleaning, transport and collection of all Subject related equipment and materials
- Ensure materials are replenished in teaching areas
- Assist & support in practical lessons as requested
- Participate in enrichment activities as requested
- Understand the Schemes of Work & syllabi of Art in order to prepare for practical lessons
- High Quality ICT Skills including Word, Excel & Power Point
- Ability to use and adapt other CMIS & ICT packages to promote effective administration, organisation, communication and management
- Ability to prioritise and set personal targets
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the Academy’s overall vision for success at all levels
A degree in Art, experience in multi-ethnic urban schools and experience of working in an 11-18 school are desirable.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- A school in the top 5% in England and Wales, and the number seven boys' comprehensive school, for student progress
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
For more information, please contact the school on 020 8299 5300.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.