Senior Asset Manager Property - Kingston upon Thames
This role is for a 18 month fixed term contract, based at County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2DN. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
Flexible working supported and encouraged where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered as well as the option to join the car lease scheme and have discounted child care vouchers. For more information on the many other benefits available to our staff, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
Are you looking for an opportunity to build on your Asset Manager career with a large, varied and diverse organisation?
Our Property team is part of the Orbis partnership, which encompasses Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. The purpose of this partnership is to deliver greater value for our councils, residents and customers by increasing efficiencies and exploiting the benefits of sharing people, resources and technology.
As a member of the Property Senior Leadership Team you will provide outstanding leadership and drive the strategic direction of the Property service. In collaboration with others across the organisation and partners you will support and report directly to the Chief Property Officer to drive service transformation and organisational change and deliver cost effective, professional services.
The role will be responsible for effective forward planning and implementation of strategic changes in the organisation’s estate to meet corporate and service priorities.
Working in partnership with relevant individuals, teams and/or departments, you will ensure associated projects are developed and delivered as an overall programme of work, e.g. projects to rationalise and improve the quality and performance of the organisation’s estate.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable leading by example in modelling and embedding the organisation’s values and behaviours to help build a sustainable, highly effective organisation and to develop our reputation as a successful Property service delivering value to our customers and residents.
Although this role involves working as part of a well-supported team you will be given the tools to work independently and flexibly as the business needs to allow you to deliver work to a high standard.
To be shortlisted to interview your CV and personal statement will evidence with examples where relevant:
- Experience of successfully identifying, developing, managing and delivering a diverse range of property solutions.
- Demonstrable experience and ability to work and present complex information to a wide variety of stakeholders and business partners (internal and external) delivering solutions that deliver successful outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills and a wide and varied network of contacts and associates to allow you to develop and maintain working relationships.
- Knowledge and ability to demonstrate successful outcomes within a complex stakeholder management and built environment.
- A flexible and adaptive approach to work and working within a multi skilled diverse property team.
For more information on the roles and responsibilities of this position please review the Job Profile attached to the bottom of this advert before applying. For an informal discussion please do feel free to contact John Stebbings on by e-mail at . We look forward to hearing from you!
The vacancy closes at 23:59 on 26th January 2018.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focussed - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.