Scrum Master and Analyst Infrastructure Portfolio
Huntswood, a Best Companies Employer, is the UK's leading specialist resourcing and consultancy firm focused on governance, risk and compliance in the areas of regulatory conduct and financial crime.
We are recruiting for a Scrum Master & Analyst (Infrastructure Portfolio) to join our IT team. The role is based in Reading, Berkshire.
Salary up to £45k per annum.
Reporting to: Head of Technology Operations
Within the Infrastructure and Technology Operations area, lead the coordination, planning, drive, oversight and delivery from a portfolio perspective. Lead the delivery of specific projects as agreed by the Technology Management Team covering Huntswood sites and integration with Client's (as required).
Lead change related demand management & delivery processes for technology services and deliver a lite-PMO capability linking with the other business planning functions in a manner that makes the Technology function feel positive and engaging to work with.
Lead the rituals and ceremonies of the agile process within a more broadly waterfall organisation generating high levels of efficiency, team based delivery and momentum with regards the high volume of small tasks requiring coordination within the Technology service and projects.
Define and translate business or project requirements into User Stories useful to Technology Operations staff such as Technical Specialists to maximise return on investment, security, pace and utilisation of software options.
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies
- Continuous articulation of project demand and resource (by skill/capability) supply levels with most efficient & productive options to deliver successful business outcomes aligned to priorities.
- Frequent communication of technology project and change overall status to the Technology team and business stakeholders to ensure maximised productivity, buy-in, risk mitigation and collaboration.
- Working with project sponsors and their teams to define the DevOps, Infrastructure and Technology Service User Stories and Quality / Test approaches.
- Identify and manage incoming and outgoing dependencies for the Technology Operations team
- Help maintain and manage Agile & scrum artefacts
- Engage required teams in programme/Epic level planning and execution, grooming backlogs as well as lower level story sizing and sprint planning
- Support the creation of delivery approaches to Technology to ensure successful levels of quality assurance in the output and tracking of project/s. Act as a planning facilitator & coach throughout the team.
- Ongoing coordination of project/s ensuring key success criteria and time, cost and quality expectations are met.
- Ensuring all risk, issue and change management requirements are progressed actively.
- Lead and coach the agile and collaborative approaches to delivery and continuous improvement culture. Enable and drive the wider team to be more self-organising and cross-functional.
- Track adherence to Technology Policies, Processes & Procedures to ensure changes conform and where risks or quality gaps exist notify the respective Technology Management.
- On a pro-active basis contribute to the Technology department's processes for change quality, productivity and pace.
- Builds and maintains effective on-going communications and relationships across technology and Huntswood to ensure that designated responsibilities are successful.
- Where beneficial drive continuous improvement of on-premise, co-location and cloud based services.
- Ensure the Technology Operations function has the right environments and automation to maximise efficiency.
- Oversee the packaging of change releases to the right and repeatable quality.
- Ensure monitoring systems report to internal teams and external monitoring tools within all deliverables.
- Act as Product Owner for the Technology Operations backlog.
- The successful applicant will be a results driven, self-starter.
- Experience as a Scrum Master and / or DevOps manager in an infrastructure focused team
- Agile / Scrum / SAFe certification
- Strong verbal communication skills, and an ability to lead stakeholders of all levels in an Agile / Scrum based approach
- An ability to develop an understanding of user needs/requirements.
- A strong focus on managing change within technology ensuring that cultural and behaviour change are understood and managed.
- Ensure benefits can be measured and realised
- Flexibility to be able to work in an environment of continuous change/ambiguity (including priority changes) will be required
- A hands-on approach to be actively involved in project delivery including business analysis and documentation creation.
- Ability to assess and improve operational policy, process & procedure.
- An investigative nature and logical approach to problem solving
- Effective time management and organisation skills and keen attention to detail
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK as directed by the Technology Director
- Broad technology background with breadth of Technology Operations services and projects including: scaling, availability, fault tolerance, scripting, resilience, disaster recovery, business continuity, security, automation, orchestration, version management, build & deploy tools
- Management of appropriate Collaboration tools such as Jira or Microsoft alternatives
To work with Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."