Position: Project Engineer
* Producing at handover, and monitoring, a project plan with set milestone targets to accurately monitor and present information on the status. Then from this progressing the project through its life cycle to completion.
* Present all project information and status' to others in weekly production meetings so problems are notified early, corrective action taken, and forecasting remains accurate.
* Establish yourself with the client as the single point of contact for the contracts being handled and ensure all communication passes through with your review.
* Where required, review all contract correspondence and client specifications to ensure that the Sales handover satisfies the client / certification / industry best practice requirements.
* The Project Engineer will liaise with personnel, subcontractors, clients and third party agencies as required to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with contractual requirements and internal procedures.
* Undertaking where needed the engineering design of hazardous area heaters including but not limited to, the drafting and revision of engineering drawings, carrying out necessary engineering design calculations and the production of technical engineering documentation on contracts.
* Attending on / off site client meetings as required by contract.
* Holding responsibility for individual allocated contracts, including the forecasting, progressing, status logging and presenting, and the overall measured success of contracts from handover to Databook completion.
* To check control systems interface with associated panel engineer and ensure that any anomalies are cleared with the Sales Engineer and / or Control Systems Engineer before proceeding with design.
* Ensuring that design documentation is submitted to the client in a timely manner.
* Ensuring accuracy of all project documentation for both client and Exheat.
* Ensuring that internal purchasing / production documentation is generated and maintained during the course of the contract.
* Ensuring that all aspects of the equipment is complete prior to Client / Third party attendance for inspection.
* Ensuring that all shipping requirements are fulfilled in advance of equipment completion / despatch.
* Ensure that any required modifications to drawings / documents and equipment is actioned in a timely manner after readiness of the equipment for despatch.
* To aid the training of any Trainee/New staff as required
* Working within a Quality Management System meeting the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001.
* To be familiar with the requirements of ASME and PED.
* Client: Being the single point of contact with the client on the allocated contract ensuring all correspondence and communication maintains a professional level. Developing a client relationship.
* Sub-Contractors and Vendors: Communicating technical information and detailed quotation information and Document review to ensure smooth project and procurement flow.
* Internal Sales: Resolving handover discrepancies and operating to the DRF system where needed for additional costs. Progressing any outstanding specifications needed for contracts.
* Internal Procurement: Resolving any issues or technical queries to ensure orders are placed in good time and highlighting any un-placed PO etc that could delay the project.
* Internal Production: Resolving any issues or technical queries to ensure production assembly is smooth and unhindered, highlighting any resource issues for heater build and taking on board and actioning design improvements that could aid build.
* Internal QC: Resolving any issues or technical queries to ensure items are QC'd accurately and with the correct information. Checking that high priority items are notified to QC and followed up.
* Internal Despatch: Communicating any project packing and shipping information so to avoid project release and shipping issues
* Internal Project Director: Attend monthly group project team meetings. Attend regular 1 to 1 meetings to assess progress, set and agree performance targets.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering Recruitment Company based in Norfolk