Senior Infrastructure Architect
Senior Infrastructure Architect
Are you currently considering a new opportunity? Looking for a step up in your career or feel you need a change of environment and more challenging role? This could be the perfect opportunity for you! My client are a multinational technology company who were previously in the top 10 companies for "World's Most Admired Companies" and are a well known worldwide for all the right reasons.
As a Senior Domain Architect you will lead the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. There are changes to service, process, organisation, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision.
The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
You will report into the Capability Lead/CTO and assist in defining designs and bid collateral in line with requirements and encompass the following disciplines and responsibilities:
- Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings.
- Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable
- Defines the approach to larger/more complex solutions by controlling technical scope
- To take ownership of solutions for specific key areas and managing the impact of any changes which affect the architecture of the solution
Essential Skills Required:
- Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives.
- A detailed knowledge of the Infrastructure Design Methodology and implementation for the MOD client.
- Experience of infrastructure architecture and design for major MOD IT systems.
- Self-motivating, objective setting, and strong leadership skills.
- Negotiating, bringing consensus, with previous experience of running technical workshops.
- Team development and motivational skills.
- Written communications - clear technical writing and presentation.
- Excellent design experience in proposing and utilising Microsoft server technologies including Windows Server 2012 R2.
SC clearance as a minimum
- Tangible feedback from customers and/or sales that major technical project definitions have influenced investment decisions. Regularly has technical strategies, architectures and proposals, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant Business Approval review, without any requirement for significant proposal changes.
- Authors design and test documents for large, complex solution developments, incorporating strategic level risks and remedies and manages a large design team to achieve documented handover criteria.
- Can evidence a leading role in the development of new offerings.
- Documented feedback, from customers and/or sales, that IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of the customer's business have been developed as a result of working with the customer to understand their business strategy.
If the above opportunity looks like a position you would be interested to hear more about please do apply before Friday 19th January as this is when the shortlist is due to close. If you have any additional questions or information you require please feel free to email me on or give me a call on .