Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team on a major fast track medical technology project in the field of fluid management, you will be responsible for developing non-contact sensor technology that will form a key part of a larger fluid delivery system. The role will entail developing novel sensor concepts into practical, implementable solutions, and will involve construction of prototypes, design of experiments for proof of principle, design for manufacture, conducting or organising patent searches, and technical report writing.
This demanding role will require a high level of creativity and an ability to solve complex electro-mechanical system problems with a minimum of supervision. You will need to have had considerable practical experience in this or a similar field of design and be able to work collaboratively to ensure that overall system performance is achieved. You will also need to follow good engineering practices and give due consideration to development procedures.
Applicants should also have the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
· A degree or equivalent in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline
· Experience in mechanical design or (Preferable) electro-mechanical systems
· proven ability to apply engineering principles and, ideally, fluid mechanics, this is no essential
· Excellent understanding of manufacturing techniques and assembly processes
· Hands-on experience of 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred)
· A genuine passion for engineering and for achieving reliable, high quality, cost effective designs