Digital Product Owner
You will report into the Senior Digital Product Manager. You will be responsible for the on-time delivery of 2 key strategic digital products. Supported by a scrum team, the Digital Product Owner will be focused on leading, planning and executing digital changes. Secondly, you will own the development roadmap as ongoing optimisation of the digital products will be key.
You will be working in of the leading financial services company, you will need to have a robust and credible understanding of Financial Services Digital customer experience (including new customer acquisition, servicing and transactions), alongside experience in the Credit Card/Loans/POS market place.
As a Digital Product Owner based in London within financial services, you will:
- Have responsibility for project success.
- Ensure on-time delivery to enable wider Commercial team to deliver against targeted corporated objectives each year, including within P&L.
- Own the digital roadmap and use that to set the digital delivery agenda, which will include elaboration of epics, features and translation into user stories that can be achieved in a sprint.
- Represent Commercial within the scrum team.
- Key driver of scrum team output which includes, but not limited to designers, developers, BAs and testers.
Within sprints, you will:
- Approve user stories and manage backlog.
- Triage and prioritise reported defects within SIT/UAT.
- Provide continuous feedback loop to business within PWGs and other key forums.
- Lead any governance processes required for projects e.g. stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives.
Ahead of sprints, you will:
- Work with technical leads to ensure the product design works for both NewDay and retail partners.
- Own sign off process for all digital solutions - working closely with key stakeholders throughout the business including IT, Legal and Compliance, Business Transformation, Testing and Co Brands Commercial.
- Own the customer experience, identifying new opportunities that will enhance customer experience for all our products.
- Deliver within required internal governance frameworks, and ensure all activity in line with regulatory requirements.
More generally, you will:
- Be expected to influence wider team culture to deliver innovation with a Digital agenda.
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure digital work streams adhere to agreed deadlines and are satisfied with solutions, testing strategy, defect management and overall business readiness for launch.
- Be the subject matter expert for digitally integrated credit propositions within the business and through review of wider market place.
- Manage relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow and leverage key governance processes to ensure Digital propositions are well considered and risks are understood and managed.
A successful Digital Product Owner based in London, would need:
- New Product Development experience with evidence of bringing digital programmes to market that meet business case expectations.
- Robust understanding of digital customer experience (and optimisation) covering new customer acquisition, transacting and servicing.
- Product Management Experience in Lending Product set (Credit Cards, Loans, POS).
- Experience in managing strategic digital change programmes in a demanding environment to tight deadline - ideally working across internal functions to deliver plans and through external Partnership channels.
- A strong track record in building and managing third party relationships.Strategic relationship management skills will be essential for the success of this role.
- A track record of delivery within a scrum using an iterative/agile methodology (e.g. Agile/SCRUM) and experience of agile collaboration tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira, Confluence).
- Ability to pre-empt potential risks and undertake appropriate mitigation actions.
- The ability to contribute to the continual improvement of the Project team, including ideas for new processes and methodologies.
- Strong digital capabilities and deep understanding of how digital solutions can improve customer experiences as well as application and conversion rates.
As Digital Product Owner, you will receive a fantastic salary of £45,000 to £54,000 (depending on experience) + a excellent benefits package.