Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
Summary of main purpose of the job:
Design, maintain and customise standard software package for DCS/SCADA control systems and PLC
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and write new software for DCS, SCADA and PLC.
- Negotiate and analyse customer requirements to customise plant software.
- Specify, select and purchase SCADA and PLC hardware, software and licenses.
- Support factory acceptance tests, on-site commissioning, remote plant control and customer’s operators as required.
- Size and Specify flowmeters and valves
- Specification for all typical instrumentations (PT, PI, TT, TI….)
- Generation of project documentation and electrical drawings.
- Based in Hampshire, international business travel when required.
- Eye for detail
- Self-motivated, self-training and enthusiastic
- Ability to set targets to meet project demands
- Flexible approach to work
- Communication skills
- Ability to understand new processes
- Problem solver.
Relevant Degree / HNC qualification with relevant experience.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of Engineering experience
- Siemens PCS7 and TIA portal
- PLC - Allen Bradley Control Logix (& PLANT Pax) and Modicon Momentum experience
- Experience with small networks
- Knowledge of wiring circuit diagram creation using Autocad drawing package
- Experience in design and manufacturing of control systems packages
Experience with working with VM’s