Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk -Cleckheaton, Bradford
About the Accounts Payable Clerk Role:
As our Accounts Payable Clerk, you’ll join our friendly, diverse team at the Company's Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) near Bradford.
The FSSC acts as a central financial processing centre for Smiths News and Tuffnells and is responsible for accounts payable and receivable.
With a strong reputation for controlled financial processing, this is an expanding area of the business where every individual is seen to contribute to its success, and where we promote a positive, motivational work environment, encouraging personal development at all levels.
In this interesting and challenging role you will:
- Process supplier invoices and credit notes
- Deal with invoice and credit note discrepancies, ensuring all queries are dealt with promptly and accurately and taking appropriate corrective action
- Liaise with warehouses and suppliers regarding discrepancies and taking appropriate action
- Highlighting and escalating non-compliance and recurring issues with warehouses and/or suppliers
- Administration tasks including incoming and outgoing post, scanning and filing
On offer for the right candidate is a competitive salary, flexi time, on-site parking and canteen facilities.
- With an acute attention to detail, you will have the ability to work logically with financial data to enable you to identify and resolve discrepancies and problems as they arise.
- With strong written and verbal communication skills, you will be able to liaise effectively with external and internal contacts, some of which are based overseas.
- You will be able to work effectively with others to manage a heavy work load, prioritising your time to ensure all individual and team tasks and deadlines are achieved.
- Experience of Microsoft Office software, particularly excel, and previous experience of using a computerised finance system would be an advantage but is not essential as training will be given.
Connect Group PLC is a specialist distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries. With a combined revenue of £1.6bn, we employ 6,000 staff and operate in the UK and worldwide.
Connect Group offers unrivalled expertise in:
- Early Distribution - Encompassing: Smiths News, Dawson Media Direct and Pass My Parcel. Smiths News is the UK's largest newspaper and magazine wholesaling business with an approximate 55 per cent. market share; Dawson Media Direct is an international media direct business supplying newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content; Pass My Parcel, a wholly-owned 'click and collect' delivery service, operated by the Smiths News business, has a network of over 3,000 parcel shops and clients which include Amazon and ASOS
- Mixed Freight - Tuffnells is a leading provider of next-day B2B delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight, with 37 depots, delivering over 13 million consignments per annum to over 4,500 customers