Achievement Partner - Secondary
Achievement Partner - Secondary
Contract Type: Fixed term for 2 years
Location: North West
Hours: Part-Time 0.4 FTE
Salary: £66,000 FTE salary will be pro rata at 0.4 FTE
The Achievement Partner will work closely with the head teacher, senior leaders and governors of schools on the Leading Together Programme. They will support the School Leadership Team to; identify areas for school improvement and provide direct training, support and coaching. They will be responsible for the engagement and progress of the schools and members on the programme. Working with the head teacher, they will ensure the results of the programme are seen within the identified improvement areas across the school.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the delivery of the Leading Together Programme with schools
- Use your deep sector experience to work with Headteachers and Senior Teams to complete a rigorous school diagnostic, to understand strengths and priorities for development across the school.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team in each school to create and develop a strategic improvement plan which will drive significant and sustained school improvement.
- Coach and mentor all members of the Senior Leadership Teams.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the senior leaders by tracking and monitoring progress throughout the programme.
- Oversee the experience and engagement of your schools through the programme.
- Facilitate high quality content through workshops and seminar delivery.
- Share insights and knowledge of your schools with other module trainers, in order to support the contextualisation of material.
- Work closely with the Head of Programme, using your expertise to ensure appropriate interventions are deployed in each school to support whole school improvement.
- Create a community of practice across your school portfolios, supporting schools to collaborate, share best practice and learn from one another.
- Recognising where our work puts you, key stakeholders and employees into contact with children and young people and understand your obligations in regards to Safeguarding and the protection of children by completing the mandatory training and reading our DBS and Safeguarding policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Setting Strategy and Vision – strong experience of senior leadership and successfully working with others to develop and implement improvement strategies.
- School Leadership – you are an experienced, successful headteacher or equivalent.
- School Improvement – significant experience of evidenced based school improvement strategies and approaches along with the ability to prioritise those most likely to be impactful.
- Stakeholder Management – strong relationship building experience and an ability to quickly build credible, trusting relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Teacher Training and Development – significant experience of delivering programmes and content to drive senior leader progress.
- Coaching and Mentoring – significant experience of coaching and developing senior colleagues as a group and as individuals.
- Facilitation – strong experience in adult learning, tracking and monitoring progress.
All our employees are expected to model our values and help others to do so.
Teach First’s core benefits include 27 days holiday per annum (3 of which must be taken during the one week holiday shutdown period between Christmas Day and New Year's Day), participation in the pension scheme via Salary Exchange (with an employer contribution of up to 6%), life assurance, income protection and private healthcare. Through our flexible benefits platform access to childcare vouchers, interest free travel season ticket loan, subsidised dental membership, health screening, discounted gym membership, travel insurance, GAYE and the option to buy/sell annual leave.
How to apply
To apply for a vacancy at Teach First you are required to complete an online application form. Please have your CV and covering letter ready to upload. If you are an internal candidate please apply via your HR Self Service menu after informing your line manager of your interest.
We aim to provide feedback to all applications within 10 working days from the closing date. Please note that first round interviews will take place on 5th February 2018 and second round interviews will take place week commencing 12th February 2018.