UX / UI Designer (initial 6 month contract)
cap hpi provides decision support data and software solutions spanning vehicle valuation, validation, collision, mechanical repair, and total cost of ownership. We help our customers to make smarter automotive decisions by providing one source for data and software solutions that uniquely span the whole vehicle lifecycle; new, used and future vehicle valuation, validation, collision, mechanical repair and total cost of ownership. cap hpi puts technology at the centre of all data activities, from collection and processing, through to delivery and the development of new applications. We operate from an international hub in Leeds, UK; ensuring our systems, coding, data collection processes, and valuation methodologies are consistent, scalable, repeatable and of the highest quality for every country. cap hpi operates as part of Solera, a global provider of risk and asset management software and services to the automotive and property marketplace. Solera is active in 85 countries across six continents.
We are looking for a UX / UI Designer to develop first class experiences for cap hpi customers. You will join the Product and Innovation team of c.10 product and user experience professionals and will define and drive the future vision of the growing range of cap hpi products and services. With a central Leeds office location (refurbished to facilitate our agile ways of working), this is an excellent opportunity for someone that is passionate about taking initial concepts and defining customer research, process flows, wireframes, creating prototypes and final visuals to communicate your design thinking and solutions.
- Defines and drives the evolution of the user experience for a wide range of complex products and devices
- Creates all aspects of design deliverables such as user research, process flows, wireframes and hi-res designs
- Champions and maintains design standards and industry best practices across owned products
- Inspires, collaborates, and influences cross-functional teams to deliver best-in-class customer experience
- Articulates design rationale to balance business goals and user needs
- Working closely with Product Managers to understand product requirements and promote UX best practices
- Prototype new concepts to demonstrate interface, experience and journey
- Proven ability to lead the process of creating and communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-focused design process
- Responsive design skills in a range of digital aspects including web, app, email
- Wireframe and prototyping skills
- Fluent in Sketch / Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools such as InVision / Zeplin
- Working collaboratively with developers to make your design a reality in code
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Keeping close to the latest digital trends
- Working in agile development environment
- Adaptable and flexible to meet workload demands
Why you should work for us?
- Location-wise, we are based across the road from Leeds station
- Our office setting is open plan and we work collaboratively as a team
- Smart casual is our dress code and we are open to flexible start and end times and some remote working (with agreement from your manager)
- To break up the day and to allow time away from your screen we have table football and a pool table in the office, we offer weekly fruit to keep the team healthy!
- Once a month we have an informal ‘’beer and crisps’’ get-together where we catch up on new developments and wins
- We also like to celebrate company success, funding legendary summer and winter parties. Teams also take part in a quarterly incentive which is linked to our performance against financial targets
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79180982