Product Quality Engineer
Product Quality Engineer
Job type: Perm
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Product Quality Engineer to join my Cambridge based client; a well-established, exciting and rapidly progressing company.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in a Quality oriented position and looking for the next step in their career.
My client takes pride in delivering high quality robust products, but it is also a business imperative that they perform well as failures and customer dissatisfaction result in an immediate revenue loss.
With increases in production and installation rates, a new role of Product Quality Engineer is being created within the product team to lead our response to reported defects and to drive product quality improvement.
You will be working with technical resources globally to assist them with providing first level support to the distribution partners, and with the UK-based Product Development team and the manufacturing partner and global suppliers to drive design and manufacturing improvement actions.
Successful candidates will be motivated team players with a demonstrated ability to rise to challenges in a dynamic and rapidly evolving work environment, tempered with the maturity to create robust solutions.
- Co-ordinate and manage the analysis of field product returns in conjunction with our distribution partners and regional centres
- Lead the investigation of product failures to identify root causes and the associated corrective actions
- Work with the Product Team and our manufacturing partner and suppliers to drive the implementation of containment and corrective actions
- Work with the Product Team to develop test and analysis methods for returned parts
- Develop 8D Reports, Service Notifications, Repair WIs, etc., as required
- Define and deploy a returned product analysis system and reporting database
- Monthly reporting of field product quality performance
- Hands on! My client is a small company so everyone has to be engaged
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Sciences or a related discipline
- Experience of product development, product test or similar role
- Familiar with high volume manufacturing process
- Strong knowledge in electrical test and measurement methods
- Experience of working with structured problem solving methodologies, such as 8D, and working within systems such as ISO9001, TS16949, etc.
- A self-starter with excellent technical and problem solving skills with the capability to rapidly grasp the basics of new tools and processes
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.