Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
Corecaster Ltd, the creator of the Piptook social data platform ( https://piptook.com ), is looking for an experienced business intelligence analyst to be part of the company’s growing analytical team. The successful candidate will engage with and manage most analytical operations which consist of analyzing large data-sets around brands and individuals; turning that data into actionable insights delivered via compelling visualizations and narrative reports.
The analyst will be involved in the full analytical life-cycle. This includes collecting and interpreting client requirements; data collection planning and execution; data transformation, explanatory data analysis, visualization and reporting. The successful candidate will work alongside Piptook’s Lead Business Analyst on a wide range of exciting analytical projects and will be expected to contribute to improving the existing business processes and data workflows.
- Master the use of the Piptook platform for social data collection, monitoring, reporting and data exporting.
- Knowledge of Social Media Platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Interpret data collection needs via research and execute the gathering of data. Piptook is the primary source of information, but other external sources will also be utilized.
- Clean, filter, integrate, blend and process data to prepare it for analysis on bespoke projects. Utilize Piptook’s range of Alteryx analytical apps to create the optimal data-sets.
- Perform Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) (including statistical methods) and visualizations in Tableau. Identify important trends and patterns in the data.
- Report the analytical findings and insights in customized reports that include written analytical summaries (Data Storytelling).
- Keep track of the latest social media trends and suggest changes/improvements to existing analysis or contribute to developing new analysis.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst, preferably including some experience with social media data.
- Familiarity with the basic mechanics of the main social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.) is a must-have.
- Analytical skills with the ability to research, collect, clean, blend and analyze large amount of data from various sources using Data Analytics tools (preferably Alteryx). Ability to read (parse) and manipulate JSON open-standard file format using Regular Expression formal language. Strong attention to detail.
- Data visualization. Knowledge of Tableau Desktop is strongly preferable (Interactive dashboards implementation is a plus).
- Basic statistical knowledge (Descriptive Statistics and Normal Probability Distributions). Familiarity with more advanced data science and statistical languages/IDEs (R, RStudio, R Shiny, Python) is a major plus.
- Creativity and Critical Thinking to evaluate and improve the existing business and structural processes expanding the company’s vision on the market. Ability to prioritize business and information needs.
- Great communication skills (English), both verbal and written. Strong data-narrative writing skills (Data Storytelling) are a must.
- Independent and proactive personality. The team mostly works from a virtual office, therefore the ability to work remotely in an effective manner is absolutely essential. Regular meetings will also be held in London and also on occasion in Bristol.
Job Type: Full-time
- London, Greater London
- Business Analysis: 2 year
- Report Writing: 2 year
- Tableau: 1 year
- Data Analysis: 2 years