Are you looking for a new role as a Mechanical Technician? An outstanding opportunity has arisen! Are you interested in joining a leading automotive company? If the answer is yes, this role is for you!
The purpose of this role is to build, prepare, service and maintain prototype vehicles / bucks to facilitate both whole vehicle & component testing in line with design verification programme objectives of all future product.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Preparation & shakedown of prototype vehicles/bucks for DVP testing, attribute sign-off events, mileage accumulation.
* Carry out servicing and safety checks on prototype vehicles.
* Support prototype test vehicles whilst on test, both in the UK and abroad.
* Manufacture /sub-assembly of relevant components & systems
* Assembly of components and fit to vehicle / buck in sequence of build and to process planning sheets or work request sheet.
* Capture data from test vehicles and document for further analysis
* Will have experience working with Hybrid or Electric vehicles or working with High Voltage systems in automotive applications
* The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company's objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Full Apprenticeship (Motor Vehicle background) ideally to HNC level
* Prestige Vehicle Experience
* Prototype Test Vehicle Experience
* Work experience preparing and supporting Prototype test vehicles.
* Understanding of computer systems and software including MS Word & Excel.
* Team player but also able to work independently
* Self-starting, relishes challenges
* Problem solver
* Flexible and adaptable to new situations
* Ability to travel to support tests
* Clean Driving License
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.