Garment Technologist - Womenswear Knitwear
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
We are one of the UK’s leading Fast Fashion, high street retailers. Working in the lively environment of Design and Buying, our Garment Technologists work closely with the Buyers and Designers of various departments developing product from the initial design concept through to production.
We are currently looking to recruit a Womenswear Knitwear Technologist to join our Womenswear Team – reporting to the Senior Technologist.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Design and Buying teams developing product from the initial design concept through to production, advising on construction and fit.
- Drive consistency in fit and quality across the department, ensuring Womenswear meets expected requirements
- Communicate regularly with suppliers
- Focus continually on product improvement, ensuring faulty returns are minimised
- Manage the test report and product approval process
- Manage suppliers – play a key part in their assessments and development
- Be involved in cross department projects that will contribute to product improvement
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role:
- A relevant qualification would be beneficial
- Knitwear specialist
- Excellent Womenswear fitting skills with experience in a retail or supplier environment
- Strong construction and pattern cutting knowledge.
- Experience in managing test reports
- Experience of working with overseas suppliers and factories
- Strong IT skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team, but be motivated to work on own initiative – meeting deadlines in a very busy, demanding role.
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- A confident decision make