Mechanical engineer / Systems Engineer
Engineer to join a company specialising in building high specification component parts. Due to expansion there is a requirement for an experienced mechanical design engineer who has now moved into a systems / project engineering capacity. The project engineer must have a sound understanding of engineering design and base mechanical engineering and electronic engineering components.
The role offers lots of autonomy and the Systems engineer will be expected to manage their own week with regards to liaising with suppliers, end clients and internal engineering design and analyst teams.
Typically the duties of the Systems Engineer:
- Work closely with mechanical design engineers in understanding component design
- Assist with delivery of mechanical design (Solidworks, AutoCAD)
- Project lead
- Assist with design for manufacture and assembly
- Specifying component parts are fit for purpose
- Supplier liaison, documentation and FMEA
- Setting up standards, regulations and legislation on products
- CFD / FEA analysis in close co-operation with design and analyst teams
- Continuous improvement
The Systems Engineer will have:
- Degree (engineering, physics, electrical, electronics or similar)
- Minimum 2ys commercial experience
- Excellent CAD skills
- Excellent material knowledge ( e.g. metals, alloys, composites)
- Superb communication skills
- Solid documentation and project skills
- A good base engineer with sound engineering principles.
Benefits include pension & healthcare.
Key words: CAD, AutoCAD, Solidworks, CFD, FEA, Electronics, Mechanical