1st and 2nd Line IT Support
Are you an IT Support Engineer/Technician or do have exceptional IT skills and are looking for your first role in IT Technologies? Are you looking for a new role where you can gain exposure to cutting edge technologies and join a passionate team of likeminded people?
BMT Group Ltd is a leading multi-disciplinary management, engineering, science and technology consultancy, serving clients principally in the defence, transport and energy sectors, with 1600 staff in 26 subsidiary companies globally.
Within the BMT Group, Fluid Mechanics (BMT FM) is internationally recognised as a leading engineering consultancy, providing specialist consultancy services to the Civil Construction and Oil & Gas industries. Based on world leading expertise in fluid/structure interactions and building physics, BMT FM uses state-of-the-art in-house capabilities for physical (wind tunnel) and numerical modelling.
The role is responsible for carrying out 1st line and 2nd line support and will be first point of contact for IT queries. Successful candidates will provide an effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the Systems Administrator and Head of Software Products and Services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for managing backups and tape rotation
- Provide end user support
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Escalate IT issues to the Systems Administrator and Head of Software Products and Services where necessary
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Systems Administrator
- Support and maintain MS Server/Desktop environment
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops and networking equipment
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security patches and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops, laptops, servers and networking equipment.
- Fault-finding to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Ensuring patches and upgrades are applied to core servers
- Fault-finding to core servers
- Ensuring all software is licensed and any purchases are recorded and subsequently maintained
In addition to these duties the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required, from time to time, to achieve the above job purpose.
Hours of Work will be 37 hours per week, however extended hours or weekend working may be required occasionally to support out of hours IT maintenance.
We are looking for highly motivated team players with the following essential qualifications and competencies:
- 1st and 2nd line experience on an IT Service Desk or within an IT department
- Good understanding of incident and problem management with a proven ability to efficiently troubleshoot and resolve issues of all levels.
- Good understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Good understanding of common software packages such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience in testing and upgrading systems
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Relevant IT qualification is desirable
If this sounds like you, please get in touch.