Wordpress Developer - Oldham - £25k-£30k
Avanti Recruitment are working with a leading Digital Agency based in Oldham who are currently looking for a Wordpress Developer to join their technical team. You will be working on developing customer facing website for a number of clients ranging from SME’s through to Global brands. This is an excellent opportunity offering great work life balance, career progression and the chance to work on high profile projects.
What we’d like you to have:
- 1-years working experience: The projects you’ll be working on will be substantial and occasionally complex, as a result we’d like you have sufficient experience to take this in your stride.
- Good communication skills: You’ll be working closely with our design and client services teams to transform client briefs into a reality. You’ll also occasionally be required to liaise directly with clients to provide updates on projects. Being able to communicate effectively on progress to teams and clients, as well as highlighting any problems you encounter means nobody gets an unpleasant surprise.
- Solid organisational skills: As a busy agency, you may find yourself working on multiple projects simultaneously. Being able to manage your time to ensure that no proverbial balls get dropped is a skill you’ll need.
The technical bits:
- Strong Wordpress skills: A major part of your role will be a significant project involving Wordpress. You therefore need to be comfortable building custom themes, plugins and deploying sites
- Front-end knowledge: Including HTML5, CSS3, LESS and JS
- Cross-browser testing: Ideally with device agnostic development
- Good comprehension of web accessibility
- Website building: We always look to provide lightweight and lightning-quick websites for our clients.
- Responsive best practices: a good understanding of the theory and how to actually implement them.
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience with jQuery, Angular, React, Vue.js
- Experience with server architecture
-MVC Architecture - Laravel, CodeIgniter
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing digital agency where you will take the lead on their web projects and be responsible for developing professional Wordpress sites for clients. If you are interested in this vacancy please APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.