Coventry, Warwickshire - Maternity Cover 12 months
£30,000 + benefits
Our client is a home safety product manufacturer and is a market leader in Fire and Carbon Monoxide safety. The role is based in Coventry, West Midlands supplying top retailers and trade bodies internationally. A great opportunity has arisen to work for one of Britain`s 100 top performing private companies, and to gain valuable experience servicing top retailers and trade bodies internationally.
The company is seeking a reliable individual with good writing and proofreading skills to assist their in-house creative department with technical authorship of collaterals (user manuals, product labelling, packaging) for new and existing products.
Reporting directly to the Creative Director, this Technical Author role is a 12 month fixed-term contract to provide maternity cover for the substantive post holder. This post is immediately available.
In this role you will collaborate with product management, graphic design and R&D to produce and manage a variety of product-related documentation, including:
- User Manuals
- Product Marking / Labelling
The role will require:
- Accurate handling of technical information and written content within the above items, implementing existing written content, technical data and writing new content as required.
- Organization, co-ordination and communication to deliver projects on time - which requires good project management and strong administration skills.
- Management of multiple projects, liaison with internal stakeholders, obtaining information and approval of items.
- Drawing management and working with designers to update drawings as part of your day-to-day duties. The ability to use the Adobe Creative Suite primarily InDesign and Illustrator.
- Management of external suppliers (from freelancers to translation agencies).
- Collation of all relevant drawing information into final documents for loading into the drawing system for production.
This role sits in the core `New Product Group` within the business and is a highly respected function. It has a direct impact on the delivery of products and therefore the revenue of the business. The role and department is busy, exciting and dynamic - so a strong, highly motivated, flexible, and professional candidate is required, with excellent team working skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to chase individuals for information when required.
- Experience in Technical Authorship, with excellent proofreading abilities required in this area.
- You will have ideally worked in a similar industry - such as an electronics, engineering or manufacturing business.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is essential - particularly InDesign.
- Preferably qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- 37.5 hour week
- 9.00 am - 5.30 pm
- 25 days annual holiday
- Pension scheme
- Statutory sick pay
- Free parking
- Modern offices