Assistant Managing Editor/ STM Journals
Exciting opportunity to join a prestigious publishing house based in London. Journal development, including content development via article commissioning, original research article solicitation. Managing Peer Review, including final decision making; active referral launching new Therapeutic Advances and other journal titles.
- Journal development via article commissioning
- Commissioning of review article manuscripts
- Research manuscripts that are likely to be purchased as reprints by pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Liaison with the Commercial Sales department and visits to pharma/medical communications companies.
- Conference attendance
- Peer review management.
Skills and attributes
- Interest in and knowledge of biomedical subjects
- Strong Communication skills
- PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office software
- Degree-level qualification in a biomedical subject is- advantageous
- ScholarOne manuscript submission system - advantageous