Allocator - General Merchandise
Careful distribution, planning and merchandising keeps our stores well stocked and looking great! It's no mean feat. It takes a lot of innovation, creative thinking and problem solving, as challenges arise all the time. New ideas are welcomed - and you'll see results quickly. If you're constructive, resilient and commercial and able to see the bigger picture, you'll soon find your feet in this varied, fast-moving department.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Distributor (Allocator) to join our talented General Merchandise team based at our Travel Head Office in London. Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser, and working within the Travel Supply Chain team, the main purpose of this role is to work effectively with other Distributors, logistics and suppliers to maintain good product availability and control stock levels across a number of different ranges. This is an ideal role for someone looking to establish themselves within a successful leading Retailer.
* Creating and calculating purchase orders
* Managing stores and Distribution Centre (DC) stock levels and replenishment levels
* Liaising with suppliers and Distribution Centre's regularly
* Supplier forecasting
* Monitor stock availability and fulfilment within the DC
* Managing stock intake to achieve month end targets and availability/fulfilment targets
* Managing stock problems and price overrides
* Ad-hoc analysis as well as regular analysis and reporting
The Requirements for the Role
* Ideally previous experience in a stock management / allocation focused role
* Strong analytical ability to run reports and analyse and interpret data
* Able to identify trends through reading detailed reports
* Good team player with excellent influencing skills
* Good Excel skills including Pivot Table's & V-Lookups
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally
* Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
* The ability to work under pressure and take initiative
* Degree educated within a relevant subject would prove advantageous
Why Join Us?
Whoever joins us always receives excellent training and development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes 24 days holiday, a profit related bonus, store discount card and childcare vouchers. For customer and career focused individuals this all adds up to a unique opportunity. If successful, candidates will be required to provide valid proof of right to work in the UK, undertake a criminal record check and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
"WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community"