Project Accountant - Global IT Transformation Programme - Exciting FTSE 250
This is an interesting opportunity for a savvy project accountant to provide strategic support to the Vice President and Programme Director of a $100 million IT Transformation Programme at the heart of a progressive company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide.
Working as a close-knit team, you will be responsible for both investigating, tracking and reporting the costs of the Programme and related projects, as well as introducing enhanced reporting processes to provide greater levels of financial control and governance. You’ll have the confidence to solve problems and provide options using your financial acumen, whilst simultaneously putting together robust presentations for C level regarding progress of the Programme.
Character is all. We need a strong, passionate, energetic individual, who isn’t desk-bound, with exceptional modelling, analysis, reporting and inter-personal skills to work in a fluid and challenging environment. You’ll also need a willingness to roll up your sleeves to cover a gamut of tasks as this is a stand-alone position.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering and leading on strategic large-scale project accountancy initiatives within a corporate environment.
- Experience of accounting for Cloud Computing and Software Development costs advantageous.
- At least 3 years’ Qualified Accountancy (ACMA/ACA/ACCA) experience within a programme/project setting.
- Commercially savvy, self-starter, excellent problem solver with the ability to challenge assumptions.
- Desire to lead best practice in this area.