The Quality Manager will guide the business as a whole and specifically Quality, Production and Engineering team members towards a long term quality assurance vision, formalising quality policies & procedures, and establish performance metrics for the business.
Our client are a fast paced manufacturing business based in Gloucestershire and are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join their busy team.
The Quality Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- To continually develop, manage and control all aspects of the company Quality Management System (QMS), ensure that processes needed for it to operate effectively are established, implemented and maintained.
- To champion the development of a "quality comes first" culture. Communicate and share the company quality policies and philosophy to key personnel in the company and promote the awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Establish mechanisms for the timely reporting and analysis of process quality data and recommend / co ordinate / facilitate continuous improvement activities.
- Establish and implement the necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues within Tewkesbury and the group. Brief the manufacturing team on quality performance and inform senior management of significant developments identified during quality control activities.
- Ensure that an internal audit programme is adopted to verify that the QMS conforms to planned expectations and is effectively implemented and maintained. Ensure that appropriate action is taken when this is not the case.
- Implement quality training programs for key quality & manufacturing personnel and supply chain partners.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary in relation to quality performance and issues arising.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree level qualification in a Business Management or related field
- Prior experience as Quality Manager of an ISO9001 or an ISO/TS16949 accredited manufacturing company.
- Six Sigma Trained desirable
- Prior experience within a Kaizen / Lean manufacturing environment
- Quality management tools - Six Sigma, SPC, 8D etc