1st Line Support Engineer
My client is looking for a 1st Line support analyst with a good technical background and experience in providing technical support. The successful engineer will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues, a driven individual that enjoys problem solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting customers' needs first.
Some of the technologies you would be expected to deal with include; Windows Server, VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and RDS. A good base of networking knowledge, ideally CISCO, and VOIP systems, ideally Mitel, would be advantageous though not essential.
* Diagnose and fix escalated IT issues.
* Liaise direct with customers regarding technical issues
* Log work and fixes in to a helpdesk system
* Work to stick Service level agreements (SLA)
A highly motivated and conscientious individual, your main areas of responsibility will include:
* Incident management
* Resolve Technical issues
* Support customers and provide a great level of customer service
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Server configuration, Active Directory, Exchange Management, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
* At least 3 year experience in IT
* Integration skills and working with different departments (Provisioning, First line, Customer services)
* Good understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies
* Good communication skills
* Excellent documentation skills
* Customer focussed
* Able to work well as part of a team and individually
* Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
* Decision making - displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision making process
* Highly motivated - Sets and achieves challenging goals
* Quality management - ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
Although no formal qualifications are essential for this role, the successful candidate should have relevant work related experience, attained a good all-round standard of education and have a good knowledge of current IT technologies.
* Windows Desktop Exam (windows 7+)
* Server Exam 2008 R2+
* Strong troubleshooting ability
* Networking fundamentals