Leeds Building Society is looking for a Solicitor to join our Legal department. You will be based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
You will deliver in-house legal services as directed by the Senior Solicitor or Head of Legal.
• Provide advice on general legal queries to colleagues in the Branch network and head office departments.
• Assist in resolving matters involving complex title dispute issues pre-repossession and post possession
• Provide ongoing advice to relevant business areas on changes in the financial services sector which affect the Society's operations including regulatory, legislative, guidance and policy.
• Assist in the provision of a Legal Referral Service for Marketing and other customer communications and advise on the relevant regulatory requirements. Assist in maintaining an up-to-date Marketing Approval Standard to aid Marketing and Legal Services in the sign off process.
• Where requested review commercial contracts for relevant business areas, providing advice and negotiating key clauses on behalf of the Society either alone or with support from specialist colleagues
Do you have the essential skills and experience for this role?
• Qualified solicitor
• Ideally some experience of reviewing/drafting/negotiating commercial contracts and/or some experience of regulatory matters, preferably one or more of MCOB, ICOB COBS and BCOB.
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and manage own caseload
• Sound communication / interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle conflict and provide advice in an appropriate and timely manner
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
• Annual salary & performance related bonus
• 26 days annual holiday & annual holiday purchase scheme
• Health Shield cash plan
• Life Assurance
• Pension scheme
• Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
• Annual volunteering day & long service awards
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Recommend a friend scheme
• Bus & train travel ticket loans & a Cycle Flex Scheme
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both stretching and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
What do you know about Leeds Building Society?
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years including Best Companies accreditation, which reflects our continued commitment to colleagues and the customer service they provide to our members. We work hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and partner with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests. .
Interested in applying?
• Click “Please Apply” below.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79178845