Rhodes Wood Hospital is an established provider of specialist treatment for Eating Disorders, and will in 2018 be developing its service provision to provide a 12 bed service which is able to support crisis management and symptom reduction for young people and families who are living with the challenges of Neuro Developmental Disorders.
The service will provide comprehensive assessment and family centred goal setting for young people and their parents. Using the support of the National Autistic Society, Rhodes Wood will use the SPELL framework and by adopting this multi - component approach will recognise the individual and unique needs of each child.
Our focus on functional assessment and positive behaviour support will enable our service to ensure that planning and intervention are organised to enable each young person to have an individually developed treatment plan to meet their needs.
The Staff Nurse role forms part of our core team for the delivery of our inpatient service for young people with learning difficulties and ASD. The service provides an innovative and psychologically led treatment approach to support families and young people on managing behaviour that is challenging.
The post holder will be required to contribute to day to day care and deliver psychosocial interventions as part of a positive behaviour management plan. They will contribute to functional behavioural assessment and lead delivery of agreed plans for allocated cases.
The post holder will work as part of the core team and contribute to the provision of a comprehensive high quality multi-component psychology approach across the unit.
• To provide clinical support and care to service users with complex needs by contributing to the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of positive behaviour support plans within the service
• Ensure the ongoing safety of service users, residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
• To undertake named nurse duties for an allocated caseload of young people
• To be responsible for the safe and appropriate management, administration and recording of medication, including controlled drugs and oxygen, in accordance with NMC requirements and Rhodes Wood Policies and Procedures.
• To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
• To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
• To ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
• To act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice.
• To take charge of the ward, in the absence of the management team, accepting responsibility for the smooth and effective running of the unit.
• To provide leadership and support for unqualified staff.
• To help maintain the security of the building and its environment.
• Support new nurses and care staff in the completion of induction programs, training and competency assessment.
• To maintain standards of infection control within the hospital and to assist patients in developing appropriate life skills to maintain their own infection control needs.
To be successful as Staff Nurse you’ll need:
• NMC Registered Nurse (RMN or RNLD)
• Evidence of personal and professional development
• Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans
• Experience of working with adolescents with various mental health needs.
• Ability and willingness to use initiative
• Works flexibly and as part of a team
• Good written and verbal English language and communication skills
• Customer focussed
• Computer skills - basic level
• Full Driving Licence
• Experience of working within a neuro developmental setting
• Leadership experience
About our benefits:
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Private Medical Insurance Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Free meals while on duty
• Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
• Continuous learning and development
• Childcare vouchers
• Career development
• Personal health insurance
• Voluntary Benefits