Transport Planner Senior Transport Planner
Job Title: Transport Planner | Senior Transport Planner
Salary: £27K - £35K
We have an exciting new opportunity available in our Birmingham Transportation team for a Consultant or Senior Consultant interested in furthering their career in development transport planning.
The successful candidate will take on the challenge of a diverse range of duties, and will have the opportunity to develop their skills in providing:
1. Planning stage support for a variety of development schemes
2. Writing technical assessment documents for planning submissions
3. Technical assessment of junction performance using a range of industry-standard traffic modelling software
4. Travel Plans and sustainability assessments
5. Project meetings and site visits
6. Assistance to senior staff in preparing evidence for planning appeals/public inquiries
7. General arrangement design of new junctions and accesses onto the road network
8. Attending public consultation events
9. Meetings with clients and approving authorities.
Experience of writing Transport Assessments/Statements and Travel Plans is essential. The successful candidate will be experienced in the use of TRICS, TEMPRO, Junctions9 (ARCADY/PICADY) and preferably LinSig3.
You will have strong written, numeracy and verbal communication skills and a client-focussed approach to your work. We also expect you to be enthusiastic and industrious with a willingness to learn new skills. Full training/CPD will be available.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.