A Leading Global Aerospace and Defence Supply Chain Service Provider based in Derby are keen to appoint a Quality Engineer.
The company is a leading supply chain management service, helping customers get the right quality product at the right time, by providing proven supply chain expertise and solutions. They ensure quality assurance by embedding suitable controls within their Business Management System, in accordance with ISO9001 and AS/EN9120.
Salary: £28,000 - £38,000 DOE
Skills: Quality, LEAN, Sigma, Supply Chain Excellence, problem resolution, root cause analysis, Projects, Aerospace, Automotive.
To succeed in this role you will need to hold a lead auditor qualification and be educated to NVQ level in
an engineering or manufacturing discipline. You will undertake problem resolution, audits and or
corrective action to improve internal quality or supply chain performance. To provide technical support
to the organisation by resolving product or process queries from the supply chain, operations or
customers. You must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Expedite containment and problem resolution to ensure all issues are quickly and robustly managed with minimum disruption to the company andCustomers.
- Apply quality improvement tools to problems to maximise the learning and improvement opportunity from allproblems.
- To resolve technical issues through knowledge of; customer specifications and requirements and processes or Supplierprocesses.
- To verify corrective actions (at source whenever possible) to confirm robust fix and compliance toprocess.
- Participation in improvement activities at department / company level to enhance businessperformance.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and ProceduresManual.