Fibre Splicer - North West Area - £26,000 - £32,000 Company Van with Fuel Card, Holiday, Pension.
This is your opportunity to join a Client that is renowned across the industry for its exceptional levels of customer service and has established a reputation for delivering Engineering Excellence. Since 1985, when they were first established, they have grown to become a trusted and market leading provider of civil engineering, telecommunications network construction, maintenance and upgrade knowledge, to some of the UK's largest PLCs.
The candidate will be based from home with a laptop , phone van and fuel card etc . you will fibre splicing to the property and to the business. You will be provided all the essentials, ( splicing machine OTDR / LSPM / etc) you will be expected to provide your own hand tools.
You will be sent the jobs through the night before . you will liaise with the scheduling team throughout the day.
You will need knowledge of working on external trunk routes / splicing external joints / experience using test equipment / OTDR ( optical time domain reflection) / LSPM ( Light source power meter) / Terminating internal ( customers premises ) / ideally 2 years plus fibre splicing and testing !
There is a standby rota in operation . currently 1 in 8. *You will be paid extra for this.*
- LV & HV (11kv) cable jointing for DNO and private network clients.
- Standard tools, equipment and plant are maintained and repaired to ensure their safety and reliability.
- Prepare different types of cables with different cable sheathing systems and accessories for the jointing process
- Collect materials from yard and attend work location as required.
- Must have fibre splicing experience
- £26000 -£32000 Basic
- Fuel card
- Laptop Phone
- Bonus / Price work on top
- Pension - Contributory Stakeholder Scheme
- Holiday - 33 days inclusive of statutory allowance
Please contact Chloe Wild on or
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.