Senior Project Manager
Our client are looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to join their fast paced and ever growing Ecommerce Team.
As a project manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects across major clients platforms and applications in an exciting, fast paced multi-channel and multi-fascia environment.
You will work closely with business stakeholders, business analysts, developers, suppliers, testers and support teams to help the business implement strategy and further enhance their market leading multichannel offering.
Quality and agility will be at the heart of everything you do, driving improvements that help deliver quicker to market whilst giving our customers the best possible experience.
We are looking for someone passionate about delivering great results and their own personal development.
In return you will receive the support, training and development to further your career.
Work with the business to create project proposals, project initiation documents, business cases, enhancement and change requests
Ensure objectives and scope are clearly understood, defined, documented and aligned to the overall multichannel strategy
- Managing projects, enhancements and change requests to agreed time/cost/deliverable targets
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules, risks and issue logs
- Identify all stakeholders, develop a communications strategy for each, manage expectations and be politically aware
- Work closely with business analysts to ensure requirements are captured and validated at an appropriate level to provide effort estimates and plan delivery sprints
- Capture, question and validate information collected about tasks, durations and dependencies
- Work closely with third party software vendors to ensure work packages are delivered as expected
- Ensure actions and decisions are captured and communicated to stakeholders appropriately
- Manage scope and ensure that changes are logged, impact assessed and managed
- Maintain plans and schedules in line with changes in prioritisation and the overall multichannel strategy and roadmap
- Communicate clearly on the status of your portfolio, escalating issues and risks appropriately
- Identify and communicate any risks that may affect the scheduled release and identify mitigation measures to manage
- Understand the dependencies within and between projects, change and enhancement requests and plan accordingly
- Plan and manage the release process, ensuring testing has been completed
- Take responsibility for your personal development including working with your manager to set objectives and milestones and identify your training needs
- Identify new ways of working and supporting technologies that will assist the team to become more efficient and deliver a higher quality of delivery to the business
Essential Skills / Experience / Knowledge:
- Extensive project management experience in technical environments with transactional websites, platforms, back end systems and interfaces
- Previous experience in retail/eCommerce environments is highly advantageous
- Professional certification in Project Management
- Highly organised, able to work in a fast paced environment and plan/manage time accordingly
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills
- Confidence, experience and knowledge to question stakeholders and delivery teams
- Self-starter able to work with limited guidance
- Experience in delivering within an Agile Scrum environment
- Exposure to the full software development life-cycle
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Diligent, focused, and dependable, able to build strong relationships based on integrity
- Team player able to work constructively with other project managers, business analysts, developers, suppliers, testers, business stakeholders and management
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Certification in Agile
- Experience working with retail/multichannel teams such as merchandising, marketing, finance, loss control, UX, design, operations, analytics, customer care, customer acquisition and retention
Excellent package offered to the successful candidate.