Radbroke, Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
A DevOps Engineer role based at our Technology Campus in Knutsford has now become available. Ideally, the DevOps Engineer should have an IT Infrastructure background and should be able to work with Chef, Puppet, Ansible and/or Terraform. You should have also been exposed to scripting and be familiar with Python.
- To perform detailed evaluations of products and components making recommendations through presentations and comprehensive engineering documentation.
- To produce development and prototyping of:
- highly available distributed systems
- web application development
- framework extensions
- To design and create solutions to interoperate with cloud providers in order to drive the banks architectural decisions.
- To design and implement CI/CD workflows based on Chef, Jenkins and Terraform.
- To design, create and maintain the Windows and Linux image creation process using packer.
- Working with application and component teams to build successful cookbooks.
- Creation of patterns for the consumption of Infrastructure as Code.
- Design reporting and presentation dashboards within ELK.
- Delivering using Agile practices and working within a Scrum framework.
- Define Best Practices for product configurations, software choices, interoperability, CI/CD framework implementation.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective:
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924541