A market sector leading construction business is seeking to hire a Finance Manager in Central Manchester.
About the role:
The Finance Manager will work with Contract Management Team to prepare the Monthly Management Accounts and manage the information to support decision making and drive contract efficiencies. As a member of the Finance Team be responsible for compliance with Accounting Standards and accounting policies and liaising closely with the wider Finance Team.
This role will have 3 direct reports and will require some travel.
- Providing strategic financial information and leadership at contract level.
- Supporting the Contract Management Team in driving contract efficiencies.
- Providing comprehensive, high quality analysis to aid and support business decision making.
- Ensuring appropriate systems of internal control are maintained and development of and adherence to company procedures.
- Leading the production of monthly management accounts and other financial information.
- Preparation of management accounts through to trial balance for the contract.
- Preparation of monthly profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow for the contract.
- Working closely with the Contract General Managers around the annual Business Plan/Budget setting process.
- Support commercial teams by proactive engagement in the management of key contract balances including WIP, payments on account and cost accruals.
- Work with contract Commercial and Operational management to drive contract performance improvement.
- Liaison with other contracts on inter-company balances and invoicing.
- Monthly reporting of contract results to the Management Board.
- Liaison with the Shared Services Centre processing teams to ensure timely and effective processing of transactions on the financial system.
- Development and implementation of financial systems to support the requirements of the business.
- Overall responsibility for Contract financial processes and procedures
About the person
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Must be commercially focused.
- Exercises sound judgement and adds value through Challenge where appropriate.
- Have a strong personal drive and commitment to delivery of results.
- Demonstrates strong, analytical, creative and proactive thinking.
- Technically competent and well versed in financial disciplines (Working Capital, Accruals etc.)
- Preferably experienced in either the Construction, Maintenance or Utilities Industries.
If this role is of interest to you, please email me on
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79177291