Project Manager, Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until 28 February 2021
We are seeking to appoint a project manager to work across the RCP’s audit and accreditation quality improvement programmes in respiratory disease.
- The operational planning, delivery and ongoing evaluation of projects or workstreams within these programme of work
- You will ensure that outputs are delivered in line with contractual obligations and allocated resources, and to the satisfaction of the commissioner, stakeholders and services
- This post affords an exciting opportunity to work with dynamic and committed programme teams driving improvements in respiratory care, with the support of expert clinical leads.
Key Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level
- Be able to provide evidence of working in a demanding project management role, simultaneously delivering streams of work with numerous stakeholders and project participants
- Have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written and be at ease working with a wide variety of audience
- We are seeking a manager with awareness of data analysis and presentation of data. You will have experience of working within the NHS or other health related environment, and knowledge and understanding of national healthcare quality improvement initiatives.
About CQID, NACAP & Accreditation
The Care Quality improvement Department at the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) aims to support physicians, their teams and the NHS to deliver high quality clinical care. This is via the setting of standards, monitoring and reporting the care provided against the standards and by supporting change management activities where required.
The contract for the National Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Audit Programme (NACAP), which will launch in March 2018, was awarded to the RCP for a three year period. The aims of the work are to deliver a continuous prospective clinical audit of the management and outcomes of patients with asthma and COPD across primary care, secondary care and pulmonary rehabilitation. This programme will build on the successes of the National COPD Audit Programme and the Asthma Audit Development Project; further information on these programmes of work can be found at: https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/national-copd-audit-programme and https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/asthma-audit-development-project.
The accreditation scheme for pulmonary rehabilitation services, which will launch in April 2018, offers a quality improvement and accreditation pathway for pulmonary rehabilitation services. Further information can be found at https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/accreditation-unit
Informal enquiries: please contact Viktoria McMillan.
What we offer
In return, excellent benefits are offered which include 29 days annual leave, a first class pension scheme, 35 hour week, free lunches, and much more. In addition, the appointee will work in friendly offices in an attractive location overlooking Regent's Park.
For more information about the role and our benefits please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date: 24 January 2018
Interviews: 5 February 2018