Accounting and Reporting Associate
Exciting opportunity has become available for an Accounting and Reporting Associate to join our Reporting & Forecasting team, which will report into the Accounting and reporting Analyst within Sainsbury’s Argos.
On September 2017 it marked a year since Sainsbury's and Argos came together. What a fantastic year it’s been with over 90% of the population shopping in one of our stores during this time! We have delivered a strong performance, driven by our differentiated strategy, offering customers quality, value and choice across food, general merchandise, clothing & financial services.
At Sainsbury’s Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
In a nutshell as an Accounting and Reporting Associate you will:
- Execute standard period-end transactions (including period-end transactions and journals) in conjunction with the finance business partner teams to drive completion of the accounts
- Produce and run standardised reporting suites for Business Partnering teams to drive production action / improved business performance in collaboration with the business
- Implement opportunities to improve the accounting and reporting processes across a range of business areas
You will work within the Reporting & Forecasting team that provides a key link between the various business partnering and FP&A teams across the business to create budgets, forecasts and strategic plans as well as delivering corporate performance reporting e.g. weekly trading packs, periodic management accounts and investor relations analysis.
Interested then read on.....
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Execute standard period-end transactions and journals in the core finance system, working together with the business to drive completion of accurate and representative financial statements, submitting outputs to the Accounting & Reporting Manager for review.
- Produce and Develop standardised reporting suites for Business partnering teams including:
- Supporting the delivery of period-end results to the agreed deadlines and standards ensuring the results are communicated in a timely and accurate way.
- Ensure that the appropriate control mechanisms are in place and followed.
- Support the delivery of Finance improvement initiatives to enhance process efficiency including -
- Date quality improvements.
- Elimination, simplification and/or automation of transactional activities.
- Support the production of Management Accounting schedules and reporting (Orange/Red Book)
That's enough about the role, what about me.... what do I need to be a success in this role?
- A-Level / Graduate calibre individual who is keen in studying towards a professional accounting qualification.
- Possess good analytical ability and Excel & Access skills.
- Ability to work fluidly with data and across systems e.g. reporting tools.
- Good inter-personal skills, an empathetic nature and a good sense of humour.
- Be enthusiastic, positive and have ability to proactively engage with key Finance and non-Finance stakeholders.
- Be a team player with good presentation and communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Possess can do attitude with an adaptable approach suitable to operating at pace and switching between priorities.